The advanced course on Teaching Second Language Acquisition (SLA) aims at enhancing the participants’ knowledge and expertise in language teaching. In particular, the course has been designed to prepare and update Primary and lower- and upper-Secondary school level instructors on the most recent methodological trends based on inclusive and collaborative learning, and the latest technologies in the acquisition of foreign languages and Italian as a foreign language.
The main learning objectives of the course are:
- the acquisition of a teaching and technical repertoire aimed at the completion of an effective educational path for all age groups
- the design and delivery of CLIL lessons fostering content and language integrated learning
- the acquisition and updating of design and metanalysis skills towards organizing micro-courses in SLA in schools of all types and levels and applying effective methodologies such as Flipped learning, Debate, and Problem-solving techniques
- the acquisition of digital and evaluative skills in SLA
- the critical reflection on teaching practices.
The advanced course allows for:
- a career upgrade and vocational retraining for all teachers of Primary and lower- and upper-level Secondary schools who teach foreign languages and implement the CLIL approach in their language classes
- an educational path for anyone who would like to pursue a career as a foreign language teacher and a qualified CLIL instructor.
Contents and structure of the course / Syllabus
Activities of PhD Students
The advanced course on Teaching Second Language Acquisition (SLA) is based on
- 7 modules ( 2 self-study modules and 5 supervised modules)
- final dissertation (mandatory)
The course will be held online from 1.10.2022 to 30.4.2023
Information about final examination
Course structure and research training
Final dissertation (mandatory).
How to apply for Advanced Course in Teaching Foreign Languages
- Course with limited number of positions
- Number of positions
- 50 available
- Admission deadline
- Applications due by 09/01/2023
- Registration form
- Application procedure
- You can apply from the 12/01/2023 to the 20/01/2023 . Using the online procedure you can register to fill in the application and pay with PagoPA (Credit Card, PayPal) to complete the payment of the admission fee.
- Tuition fees
Information on teaching and research activities
- Secretary’s Office
- Ufficio Dottorati - Post laurea - Esami di Stato
- Via Veterani, 36 - Urbino
- Office hours
- Monday - Friday from 9.30 am to 13pm
- Tel. +39 0722 304631 / +39 0722 304632 / +39 0722 304634 / +39 0722 304635 firstname.lastname@example.org