|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Teaching in foreign languages|
Course partially taught in a foreign language
This course is taught partially in Italian and partially in a foreign language. Study materials can be provided in the foreign language and the final exam can be taken in the foreign language.
Assigned to the Degree Course
1. Introduction to the course. Purposes of Food Science
2. Bioenergetics: components of energy expenditure, calorimetry, calculation of energy expenditure. Energy value, plastic and regulating food principles.
3. Physiology of the digestive system: motility, secretion, regulation and digestion of food principles and absorption of nutrients.
4. Water and mineral salts (Ca, P, Mg, Na, K, Fe, Cu, Zn, Se, I, F, Cr): functions, Recommended intake levels, food sources, metabolism and deficiency
5. Vitamins: functions, Recommended intake levels, food sources, metabolism and deficiency
6. Food: composition and nutritional value
7. Beverages: composition and nutritional value
8. Light Food, modified, functionalize, innovative, genetically modified, probiotic foods
9. Drug-food interactions
10. Balanced nutrition in physiological conditions. Diet in various ages and in different physiological conditions.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
|« back||Last update: 24/07/18|