THEORY AND METHODS OF SOCIAL PLANNING
TEORIA E METODI DELLA PIANIFICAZIONE SOCIALE
|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Andrea Lupi||In order to make an appointment please contact me by email|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The course aims to analyze the history and meaning of the concept of social planning and will address the philosophical, epistemological and pedagogical implications of social planning in the educational field, with a strong focus to a comparison with curriculum studies.
It will also illustrate the different processes of territorialization and subsidiarity of educational services in Italy starting from the 60s and 70s with the establishment of the mixed system for kindergarten and nursery school. The history of the planning of public intervention in the pre-school sector will be taken into consideration, focusing attention on the pedagogical experience of the new turn school (scuola a nuovo indirizzo) up to the reform that established the "Integrated early childhood system" in 2015, which is a law that still awaits interventions of a systemic and pedagogical nature to change the planning of educational services.
1. Social planning: city planning, economy planning, care services and educational service planning
2. How to plan education and training services
2.1 Programming, Planning, Designing, the pedagogical intervention
3. The birth of the kindergarten and nursery school in Italy. The historical context, the social needs, the pedagogical culture
3.1 The normative, social, organizational and educational dimension of services for early childhood.
4. The Italian pedagogical models in the historical context of the 70-80-90s. The experience of the new turn school (scuola a nuovo indirizzo)
5. The regulatory, organizational and pedagogical evolution of the early childhood educational system today
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
"Knowledge and understanding" The learner at the end of the course must be able to know the history and nature of planning in the field of early childhood education, especially the Italian public intervention in this area. The knowledge learned must be articulated in a reflection that presents traits of originality.
"Applying knowledge" The learner will have to make practical application of the knowledge acquired by showing that he is able to use the knowledge learned the ability to understand in contexts other than the academic one, with particular regard to the working ones related to the educational sector in early childhood education.
“Making judgments” The learner must be able to autonomously deepen what he has learned, using the knowledge gained to reach further results characterized by an ever greater maturity and an ever wider autonomy of judgment.
"Communication" The learner must acquire the ability to convey to their interlocutors, in a clear and complete way, the knowledge acquired, through the use of an appropriate technical language.
“Lifelong learning”. The learner will have to learn to deepen their knowledge through a path of research and study on the primary and secondary sources presented during the course.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
The lessons will be organized both in traditional way and in a cooperative one. We will analyze documents, guidelines and normative texts, produced by international organizations, governments, public and private administrations, as well as extracts of essays of a philosophical, sociological and pedagogical nature. Presentations of texts and explanatory images of the topics covered will be used and archival films will be shown.
- Course books
1) Lupi, A. (2020). La dimensione politica della scuola dell’infanzia italiana “a nuovo indirizzo”. RELADEI-Revista Latinoamericana de
Educación Infantil, 9(2). Disponibile: http://www.reladei.net
2) One of the following:
- Ciari, B. (1962) Le nuove tecniche didattiche, Editori Riuniti: Roma
- Ciari, B. (1973) La grande disadattata, Editori Riuniti: Roma
3) One of the following:
- Frabboni, F. (1976) La scuola dell'infanzia: una nuova frontiera dell'educazione, Firenze: La Nuova Italia
- Frabboni, F. (1980) Asilo nido e scuola materna, Firenze: La Nuova Italia
Additional Information for Non-Attending Students
Please contact me by email before registering for the exam session
|« back||Last update: 11/01/2022|