|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The learning objectives of the course of Biochemistry are all related to the introduction of the students to the world of proteins, sugars, lipids, nucleotides, coenzymes and vitamins.
Special attention will be payd to the relationships among structure
and functions of proteins especially when these have an enzymatic
activity or participate in a regulatory process.
The next section will be related to cell metabolism and its
regulation. It is expected that the student become familiar also with
the molecular bases of integration of cell metabolic regulation with
the action of extracellular signals (i.e. hormons) under different
physiological and pathological conditions.
1. The cell and subcellular structures; metabolic processes.
2. the chemistry of carbohydrates
3. Chemistry of lipids
4. Chemistry of proteins
5. Chemistry of nucleic acids
6.1 Enzymes classification
6.3 Mechanisms of action
7. Carbohydrates metabolism
7.1 Glycogen metabolism
7.3 Hexose monophosphate shunt
7.5 Other sugars of metabolic interest
8. Lipids metabolis
8.1 beta oxidation
8.2 Fatty acids synthesis
8.3 Cholesterol metabolism
8.4 Phospholipids metabolism
9. Nitrogen metabolism
9.1 Amino acids metabolism
9.2 Urea cycle
9.3 Amino acids biosynthesis
9.4 Biosynthesis and degradation of purine and pyrimidine nucleotides
10. Krebs cycle
11. Energy balance
11.1 Electron transfer and oxigen consumption
11.2 Oxidative phosphorylation
12. Mechanims of action of vitamins and ormones
12.1 cAMP and Ca as second messangers
13. Metabolic regulation
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
- Course books
A scelta tra i seguenti:
• J. L.Timoczcko, J. Berg, L. Stryer, Biochimica, Zanichelli, 2010
• D.L. Nelson, M.M. Cox, I principi di Biochimica di Lehninger, Zanichelli 2010
• T.M. Devlin, Biochimica con aspetti clinici, Idelson-Gnocchi.
• H.R. Horton, L.A. Moran, K.G. Scrimgeour, M.D. Perry, J.D. Rawn, Principi di Biochimica, McGraw-Hill, 2008.
• C. K. Mathews, K. E. van Holde, K.G. Ahern. Biochimica, Casa Editrice Ambrosiana, 2004.
|« back||Last update: 09/09/15|