|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Nicola Pio Capuano|
Assigned to the Degree Course
The purpose of course is to provide essential information about the geological and stratigraphic- structural units of area that part of African margin (Adria or Apula plate) and today form the Italian peninsula (Alps, Apennines). At the end of the course the student should be able to analyze in a synthetic paleogeographic description the geodynamic evolution of the Italian region.
- Significance and purpose of Regional Geology.
- Geological history of Italy, forming of the Alps and Apennines.
- General information about Alps Geology. Plate motion and Alps evolution.
- Southern Alps.
- Framework depositional-stratigraphic of the Dolomites.
- Northern Apennines.
- Ligurian Units, Epiligurian Units, Subligurian Units, Tuscan Domain (Apuan Alps), and Umbria-Marchean Domain.
- Oligo-Miocene evolution of the adriatic foreland.
- Geodinamical evolution of the northern Apennines.
- Geological features of the southern Apennines.
- Sedimentological and stratigraphical correlation of different paleogeographic domains.
It is essential posses basic concepts of Geology and Structural Geology.
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
Competence on the general characteristics of the stratigraphy of the Italian region, and ability to correlate stratigraphic successions of different paleogeographic domain.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Tutorials and geological maps
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
Lectures with geological maps
- Course books
DOGLIONI & FLORES - An introduction to the italian geology - Lamisco, Potenza
BOSELLINI - Storia geologica d'Italia - Zanichelli, Bologna
FRISCH, MESCHEDE & BLAKEY - Plate tectonics - Continental drift and mountain building - Springer 1st Ed.
GASPERI - Geologia Regionale - Pitagora, Bologna
GUIDE GEOLOGICHE REGIONALI - Guide 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - BEMA Ed., Milano
|« back||Last update: 02/09/15|