SCIENTIFIC ENGLISH ABILITIES
ABILITÀ DI INGLESE SCIENTIFICO
|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
Assigned to the Degree Course
- The course aims at providing theoretical, methodological and lessical tools to understand written and spoken scientifc texts in the English language.
- Interpreting and describing graphs and charts related to psychology using English.
- Improving knowledge and use of key vocabulary used in psychology.
- Improving the ability to listen to and understand psychology lectures in English.
- The course is based on lectures held by Professor Bloom at Yale University: http://oyc.yale.edu/psychology/introduction-to-psychology
- Listening and Comprehension
Lecture 1 (intro) starting at 10') (intro) 18,19, Lecture 20 (ending at 11')
Film: A Beautiful Mind.
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
- General knowledge of clinical psychology.
- Ability to use knowledge of clinical psychology in order to understand the advanced concepts of the subject.
- Critical ability to discuss the issues relating to the field.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Course material available on Blended Learning site.
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
Lectures with use of student interaction and group work. Use of audio and video material.
- Course books
Material available from following link:
MATERIALE DIDATTICO SCARICABILE
1. written description of a graph (no more than 150 words)
2. Listening and Comprehension (multiple choice and sentence completion)
3. Oral discussion on the content of course material.
|« back||Last update: 15/11/16|