ENGLISH (LIM-AZI) - B2 - GROUP A - PART 2
INGLESE (LIM-AZI) - B2 - GRUPPO A - PARTE 2
|Language Assistant||Office hours for students|
|Deborah Lee Peterson|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
B2 LEVEL COMPETENCIES
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
The B2 level course is divided into two parts: Each group (B2a, B2b, B2c) will have 3 hours a week with Deborah Peterson and 2 hours a week with Elizabeth Ferguson (Listening). During the 3 hours with Peterson students will be required to have the following text-books: Incompany 3.0 Upper Intermediate (coursebook) Ed. Macmillan and Business grammar Builder (2nd edition) Ed. Macmillan. Additional material for the course (including practice tests) will be provided on Blended Learning and in class. The course will focus on topics in order to prepare for the written exam and the part of the oral exam called the “accertamento linguistico”.
The B2 level (2nd year) written exam is divided into 3 parts
1. Grammar test (a variety of exercises including a brief translation exercise from English into Italian)-NO dictionaries allowed!
2. Reading Comprehension (use of dictionaries allowed, no electronic devices)
3. Writing (about 250 words) (use of dictionaries allowed, no electronic devices) The average of the three parts will determine a final grade for the written exam which is worth a third of the total for English 2.
The course will deal with business vocabulary, grammar, comprehension of a variety of texts (business, culture and current events), writing skills. For the “accertamento linguistico” students must study all the units from incompany 3.0 and be prepared to discuss and explain the topics from any of the units; students will also be required to prepare a portfolio with 6 hand-written samples of their written work (2 emails, 2 reports, 2 letters of complaint) to show during the “accertamento linguistico” for discussion. It is necessary, however, for students to participate and be responsible for doing homework, and studying topics which may not be covered during class. Students are responsible for covering ALL the units in Business Grammar Builder since not all topics will be covered in class. Those who cannot attend lessons should contact the teachers for more information. It is necessary to do practice tests during the year, beginning in the first semester, in order for each individual to focus on his/her weaknesses and work on improving these.
The teaching material prepared by the language assistant in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the language assistant specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Teaching, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
- Course books
In Company 3.0 Upper Intermediate B2 Ed. Macmillian
Business grammar builder Ed. Macmillian 2nd edition
|« back||Last update: 14/10/2021|