|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Stefano Russo||In the first semester online reception with Zoom from the Moodle blended platform on Saturday mornings at 8.00 to 9.00 am. In the second semester online reception with Zoom from the Moodle blended platform at the times agreed with the lecturer via e-mail and in-person reception after class.|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The computer skills course aims above all to give students some basic notions of what the science that goes by the name of Computer science and of how and with what effects it develops in favor of man and the sciences and spicological techniques. Students will have to acquire adequate knowledge and application skills of computer science in the disciplinary field of psychology with particular regard to the use of spreadsheets in order to understand which uses of these tools are most useful to answer questions from research in the field of psychology and to deal with data analysis in psychology. It is advised to have followed the course of "Research Methodology with Statistical Elements" (teaching taught in the first semester).
The course is divided into two parts: theory (basic concepts of computer science) and practice (this part aims to teach information technology skills). The topics will be addressed in the order they are listed in the program.
Basic concepts of computer science (4 hours)
- How to represent, process and analyze data with spreadsheets (14 hours)
- Data entry
- Data Formatting
- Formulas and functions
- Cell references and formulas
- Assign the name of the cells
- Order and link data
- Protect data
- Print management of sheets and graphs
- Coding with Excel (Macros)
- How to Import Psychology Research Data from Worksheet into PowerPoint (4 hours)
- Import the data of a psychology research from the worksheet into a PowerPoint presentation.
- Main Powerpoint functions
-Online collaboration (2 hour)
- Create spreadsheets with Google Docs and Microsoft Online
- Store and share spreadsheets with Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
No specific prerequisites are needed. We still need a basic familiarity with the computer (use of keyboard, monitor and mouse, opening and closing of the working session, etc.)
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
In relation to the teaching of computer science, the student must show possession of the:
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Any supplementary lessons and / or seminars.
Teaching, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
Lectures, practical demonstrations on the use of spreadsheets with the aid of multimedia tools (PC and videoprojector), structured exercises on the use of spreadsheets in psychology.
We recommend bringing a notebook to class.
- Innovative teaching methods
The in-person teaching mode will be enriched with individual and group exercises and insights, which students will carry out using the University's Moodle platform. Some course topics will be covered following the practice of the "flipped lesson."
Attendance is recommended as it is a course based on the practical use of spreadsheets in psycholog The presence of students will be recorded, to which, each week, an exercise will be assigned to be presented to the teacher the following week.
- Course books
- Mauro Mezzini, Informatica di base, 2 edizione, maggioli Editore, 2020. Capp. 1-2-3-4
- Ballerini-Clerici-De Pra, Alberto Clerici, Excel per gli studenti di economia e finanza, Egea, Milano, 2020. E' disponibile sia in testo a stampa sia in ebook.
- Chiara Marabelli - Valentina Piroli - Semira Taglabue (a cura di), Psicologia ed Excel, EDUCatt Università Cattolica, 2010, Ebook acquistabile online.
The exam consists of a suitability test. This means that votes are not awarded, but only the qualification of "suitable".
The suitability test includes an oral-quiz to be held on the day of the exam and the sending by e-mail of a PowerPoint presentation ten days before the exam to the following address: email@example.com
- QUIZ with questions (multiple choice) to be carried out on algorithms and spreadsheets in psychology. The test aims to verify the possession of the knowledge AND skills acquired. The time for the test is forty minutes. The QUIZ will be passed by answering exactly 75% of the questions.
- PowerPoint presentation on psychology research. The trace of the research and data analysis required for the presentation is reported on the blended learning platform.
Additional Information for Non-Attending Students
Individual study on texts and reported specific materials.
Autonomous exercises on the topics of the application part available on the blended learnig platform.
- Course books
Same texts and teaching materials used by the students attended.
Same manner as for the attending students.
For non-attending students it is recommended to practice the examples proposed in to course books.
|« back||Last update: 20/10/2022|