The Master's objective is to promote the culture of inclusion of people with sensory disabilities (deafness and blindness) in school settings, extracurricular and, above all, to identify and design functional educational interventions in the specific area of sensory deficits.
The Master intends to enhance the training and special skills of the students who frequently meet students and people living complex situations related to acoustic and visual sensory disabilities. Particular attention will be paid to the identification of strategies, methods and educational paths suitable to realize the full inclusion of students with auditory and visual disabilities.
The master is oriented to:
• provide specific knowledge to build special skills and best practices, including the improvement of the professionalism of both specialized and curricular teachers, educators and socio-health workers;
• master and share epistemological, pedagogical, didactic, organizational, rehabilitative tools that allow the realization of a model of inclusive schools and societies capable of responding to the training needs of everyone and of each student.
The Master is aimed at school leaders and teachers in service in state schools, equality and municipal schools of all levels, educators (services for children, professional and social), socio-cultural animators, social workers, psychologists, pedagogists, sociologists and all the professionals who work with people with "special educational needs", including the disabled, with a three-year degree of specific relevance in the educational sector or with a task assigned by the local authority. Parents with experience in the specific sector of sensory disabilities, parents with deaf and/or blind children, operators and ASL experts and associations can take part in the Master's program. The participation of auditors holding a secondary school diploma is expected and a certificate of participation will be issued.
The achievement of the title of the Master can qualify the role of the educator, within the sensory disabilities, according to the law 205/18, G.U. n. 302 of 29/12/17 (entered into force on 1/01/18) which regulates the exercise of the professions of socio-pedagogical educator and pedagogist, as well as the profession of socio-health educator (Iori Law).
Contents and structure of the course / Syllabus
Activities of PhD Students
Sensorial disabilities: definitions and classifications
Visual impairment’s education and special didactics
Hearing impairment’s education and special didactics
Strategies, methods, tools and teaching aids for visual disability
Strategies, methods, tools and teaching aids for hearing disability
Reading and writing for blind and partially-sighted people
Deafness communication codes
Orientation and motility for visual impaired disability
Technologies for sensorial disabilities
Motor activity exercises
"Education for visual disability"
"Education for hearing disability"
Information about final examination
Course structure and research training
At the end of the cycle there will be exam for each lesson
A final exam is required and a thesis is drafted
Did you know that?
There are 2 scholarships provided with full coverage of the enrollment by I.Ri.Fo.R.
The scholarships will be awarded according to the following criteria:
motivational interview outcome
professional experience in the field of visual impairment
a scholarship will be reserved for people with disabilities.
In case of absence of disabled candidates will be assigned to those who will meet the criteria indicated above.
Registration for Special education and inclusive didactic for students with sensory disabilities
- Course with limited number of positions
- Number of positions
- 100 available
- Admission deadline
- Applications due by 19/09/2018
- Useful information
For admission to the 1st level Master's degree, students will be required to hold a three-year degree, a specialized master's degree or an old degree, or an equivalent qualification. Participation as an "auditor" is not required to hold the specific qualification indicated above, but only to hold a secondary school diploma.
- Registration form
- Application procedure
- You can apply from the 24/09/2018 to the 08/10/2018 . Using the online procedure you can register to fill in the application and pay with PagoPA (Credit Card, PayPal) to complete the payment of the admission fee.
- Tuition fees
Required contribution € 1,500 to be paid as follows:
First installment: € 800 to be paid upon registration (October 8, 2018)
Second installment: € 700 to be paid by 31 January 2019
Auditors: € 750 to be paid with a single payment upon registration. Registration is required for individual courses, contribution required € 150 to be paid with a single payment to the registration
Information on teaching and research activities
Director of the master:
Prof. Patrizia Gaspari - Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici, via Bramante, 17 - Urbino
- Patrizia Gaspari, Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici, Università di Urbino
- Roberta Caldin, Dipartimento di Scienze dell'Educazione, Università di Bologna
- Patrizia Sandri, Dipartimento di Scienze dell'Educazione, Università di Bologna
- Manuela Valentini, Dipartimento di Studi Umanistici, Università di Urbino
- Loredana Piccolo,consultant for people with visual impairment
- Eleonora Borromeo,consultant for people with visual impairment
- Rosanna Giovanditto, italian Sign Language Trainer for Deaf and Hearing Children
- Paolo de Cecco, programmer and technical aids - Lega del Filo d'Oro
Alice Agostini, speech therapist- Ospedale di Urbino U.O. di Medicina Riabilitativa
- A chi rivolgersi
Mirca Montanari 339 8333122 e-mail: email@example.com
- Patrizia Gaspari
- Mirca Montanari
- 339 8333122 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary’s Office
- Ufficio Dottorati - Post laurea - Esami di Stato
- Via Veterani, 36 - Urbino
- Office hours
- Monday - Friday from 9.30 am to 13pm
- Tel. +39 0722 304631 / +39 0722 304632 / +39 0722 304634 / +39 0722 304635 email@example.com