Dipartimento di Scienze della Comunicazione, Studi Umanistici e Internazionali: Storia, Culture, Lingue, Letterature, Arti, Media
|positions||with scholarship||without scholarship||Coordinator|
|8||6||2||Prof. Giovanni Boccia Artierifirstname.lastname@example.org|
Curriculum 1. Text and communication sciences
Communication and media studies; Internet studies; Sociology of Culture; Consumption analysis; Forms and languages of the contemporary collective imagery; Cinema, photography and perfomance studies; Audience studies; Public communication; Philology, Exegesis of sources; Classical Theater History; Reception and fortune of classical Greeks; Genres and forms of literary communication; Study of metrical-rhythmic forms in poetic communication, and of their history;
Curriculum 2. Contemporary history and comparative cultures
Contemporary history; Political and social history of Italy and Europe; History of the Italian and European political system; History of political movements and parties; Cultural history and cultural studies; Intercultural Studies; Identity and cultural memory in humanistic studies; Linguistics and linguistic heritage; European and American literature.
Curriculum 3. Human Sciences
Theoretical and logical philosophy; Moral Philosophy and Religious Philosophy; History of philosophy and ideas; Culture and education; Educational models; Empirical research in psychotherapy; Neuroscience of aging processes and of psychological processes; Pathological psychological processes in clinical specimens; Development of language.
Contents and structure of the course / Syllabus
Activities of PhD Students
PhD students will do the following activities:
- study and theoretical research
- empirical research that includes the acquisition of the ability to:
- build a research design
- make the design operative
- select the best methodology and survey techniques
- detect data with quantitative or qualitative tools
- processing and interpreting data,
- write a research report
- tutoring activities and teaching activities
- writing reviews and working papers
- participation in conferences
- study stays abroad
Information about final examination
Course structure and research training
Each curriculum course is organized in a series of courses, meetings and seminars involving the active participation of doctoral students and the intervention of both internal and external lecturers of the University.
A) at least 3 seminars common to all doctoral students;
B) Lectures by national and foreign scholars relevant in the field;
C) specialized seminars on defined research topics;
D) trans-curricular courses:
- language courses (curated by the Linguistic Center of the University),
- Computer literacy courses (in collaboration with Cisdel)
- orientation courses for library services and information literacy (use of electronic resources, bibliographic consulence - by the SSBA).
For the second year, in addition to seminars and international lectures, it is scheduled to start writing an individual thesis under tutorship, to specify the aim of the thesis and to present an introductory work on the topic and a synthesis of the work already done. PhD students are encouraged to attend national and international conferences and to submit their research results to the most appropriate congress venues.
The third year training activity is fundamentally individual, under the guidance of the tutor and specifically addressed to the realization of the doctoral thesis.
Verification of learning will take place on two levels: a. The first one, which is the responsibility of the tutor and other experts of the University in the same field, is carried out in different ways: individual interviews, presentation to the professors, class discussions, oral reports, written exercises, workshops; b. The second, which is responsibility of the “Teachers’ Committee”, consists in presenting each years a report of the activities carried out and a report on the state of progress of the research. At the end of each academic year, the Teachers’ Committeedecides if admitting or not the PhD student to the following year, after the assessment of the activities carried out.
Board of Lecturers
Registration for Humanities
- Course with limited number of positions
- Number of positions
- 8 available (6 with scholarship, 2 without scholarship)
- Admission deadline
- Applications due by 27/08/2018
- Official documents
- Consult the modalities of the selection procedures, the criteria used for the evaluation of titles and for the interview
- On-line procedure
- On-line application
Useful documents and materials
|Official documents for selection procedure||view|
Information on teaching and research activities
- Giovanni Boccia Artieri
- Secretary’s Office
- Ufficio Dottorati - Post laurea - Esami di Stato
- Via Veterani, 36 - Urbino
- Office hours
- Monday - Friday from 9.30 am to 13pm
- Tel. +39 0722 304631 / +39 0722 304634 / +39 0722 304635 / +39 0722 304636 / +39 0722 304632 email@example.com