Theoretical and operational approach in clinical neuropsychology
Basi teoriche e approccio diagnostico-riabilitativo dei principali disturbi neuropsicologici
|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Mirta Vernice||To make an appointment, please send an email (email@example.com) A.S.D. "Volponi" - Via Saffi 15.|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The course is aimed to make the students understand and master the theoretical principles underlying neurobiological and functional cognitive activity. The course will also provide operational skills in order to understand the diagnostic criteria of some of the major acquired and evolutive cognitive disorders. To this aim, for each disorder we will outline the neurobiological basis and the clinical and behavioral diagnostic criteria.
The course will address the following topics:
1. Introductory remarks about the notions of association and dissociation in neuropsychology.
2. Disorders of oral language: aphasia.
4. Acquired and evolutive attention disorders.
5. Acquired disoders of reading and writing.
6. Evolutive dyslexia and other Specific Learning Disorders (calculation, spelling, writing).
7. Specific Language Impairment.
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
- The student will master the basic notions of the neuro-functional organization of cognitive processes;
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of neuropsychological models presented in the course;
- The student must show the ability to implement the theoretical models into diagnostic practice with respect to the major acquired and evolutive neuropsychological disorders;
- The student must be able to critically evaluate a neuropsychological profile, identifying weaknesses and strengths of a patient.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Five lectures will be taught by Professor Manuela Berlingeri.
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
18 two-hours lectures.
Attendance is optional but is highly recommended.
- Course books
Vallar G., Papagno C. (Eds., 2011). Manuale di neuropsicologia.Clinica ed elementi di riabilitazione. 2° ed. Bologna: Il Mulino (chapters: I, II, VI, VII, VIII, XII, XVIII).[MV1] (122 pages).
Concerning Specific learning disorders: http://www.snlg-iss.it/cms/files/Cc_Disturbi_Apprendimento_sito.pdf (60 pages).
Concerning Specific Language impairment: Sabbadini, L. (2013). Disturbi specifici del linguaggio, disprassie e funzioni esecutive. Milano: Springer-Verlag. (chapters 5 and 6) (40 pages).
A written test consisting of two open questions and a critical evaluation of a clinical-diagnostic profile.
Additional Information for Non-Attending Students
Non-attending students must refer exclusively to the books listed in the bibliography. Non-attending students will have the same requirements as attending students.
Attendance is optional.
- Course books
Non-attending students must refer exclusively to the books and chapters listed in the course books section.
There are no differences with respect to the requirements for attending students.
|« back||Last update: 27/10/17|