The logic of action research
La logica della ricerca-azione
|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
|Giovanna Marani||on Tuesday and Wednesdayafter lesson|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The course aims at providing the basic and logical structures underlying investigation as a process of action research. In this context, the theoretical knowledge acquired from Dewey’s logic to the learning of methodological expertise related to the elaboration of action-research projects will be mainly employed.
Moreover, the course aims at outlining the educational and operational paths on to the objectives of logic and mathematics prospected by the national guidelines for the nursery and primary school curriculum.
Action-research as a permanent reflective practice model represents the formative element leading to the exercise of the teaching profession.
1. Action research epistemology
1. Dewey’s logic as investigation theory
2. Investigation structure as a dynamic and experimental procedure
3. Dewey’s logic as epistemological and methodological framework of action research
4. The inductive and deductive processes in the investigation
5. Research as interaction between recognition and transformation
6. The relation between theory and practice in research
7. Reflectivity as a fundamental practice in the path of action-research
2 Some elements of logic
1. The logic of statements
2. The connectives
3. The logic of predicates
4. The simple set theory
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
In relation to teaching, students must show possession of:
- The mastery of basic knowledge of the set theory with particular regard to the aspects which are most related to their didactic- disciplinary approach;
- The understanding of logical-mathematical concepts introduced and provided by the course; they will have to be able to provide examples of their didactic transposition within the disciplinary school curriculum;
- The knowledge of the theoretical and methodological basic principles of action-research according Dewey’s perspective; they will have to be able to show their knowledge of the epistemological and procedural framework; students will have to be able to distinguish between the constituent elements within the field of pedagogy research;
- The understanding of the concepts of the theory of action-research, they will have to be able to recognize its steps in relation to the empirical and experimental research; they will have to be able to recognize its employment at school;
- The ability to use the knowledge and concepts to think independently and to indicate possible educational and operational paths, planning possible alternatives of employment of action-research.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Some educational support lessons held by the teacher and concerning the practical use of the theoretical concepts introduced are planned.
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
Frontal lessons (lectures), practical exercises and some laboratory activities.
- Course books
- Marani G., La ricerca-azione. Una prospettiva deweyana, Franco Angeli, Milano 2013. (pagine 185)
- Lanciotti C., Marazzani I., Logica, Carocci, Roma, 2004. ( pagine 112)
Other material will be indicated during the lessons and / or made available in digital form.
Giovannoni L.,Lingua e Logica, Franco Angeli, Milano,1986
Varga T.,Fondamenti di logica per insegnanti,Bollati Boringhieri,Torino,1973
The envisaged objectives will be tested by an oral interview in order to establish the basic knowledge on the theory of action research from Dewey’s survey point of view and its constituent elements, as well as the key elements of the set theory introduced by the course.
|« back||Last update: 01/08/16|