The course aims to examine the main aspects of the only ancient architectural treatise that has survived intact to this day, the De Architectura, and the figure of its author, Marcus Vitruvius Pollio. The aim is to provide students with knowledge related to the relationship between Vitruvius and the Roman world of his time, in particular to the architecture and the main artistic currents of his time and to Fanum Fortunae, a city of which he was probably a citizen and for which he built his basilica, the only building that, in his treatise, he says he designed and built. Another topic will be that relating to the reception and fortune of De Architectura starting from the Renaissance. The course will be divided into two parts: theoretical lessons and practical exercises of relief and photogrammetry and reading and exegesis of Vitruvian manuscripts.
The employment sectors of reference concern: public bodies, public and private museums and galleries, universities and didactic and research structures.
Contents and structure of the course / Syllabus
Activities of PhD Students
A SERIES OF LECTURES on the following topics:
Vitruvius and his world
Reception and fortune of Vitruvius in modern age
Reading and exegesis of Vitruvian manuscripts
Reading of Vitruvian manuscripts
Information about final examination
Course structure and research training
Final test: products developed by the students during the hours of practical activity and 3 open-ended questions on the topics of the course.
How to apply for Vitruvio, il de architectura e Fanum fortunae
- Course with limited number of positions
- Number of positions
- 20 available
- Admission deadline
- Applications due by 31/05/2022
- Application procedure
- You can apply from the 06/06/2022 to the 20/06/2022 . Using the online procedure you can register to fill in the application and pay with PagoPA (Credit Card, PayPal) to complete the payment of the admission fee.
- Tuition fees
Information on teaching and research activities
- Oscar Mei
- 0722303766 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary’s Office
- Ufficio Dottorati - Post laurea - Esami di Stato
- Via Veterani, 36 - Urbino
- Office hours
- Monday - Friday from 9.30 am to 13pm
- Tel. +39 0722 304631 / +39 0722 304632 / +39 0722 304634 / +39 0722 304635 email@example.com