Assegnato al Corso di Studio
This course is organised in two modules. The first one (corresponding to a 5 credit course which can be attended in the first semester separately from the other module) aims at providing the basic tools and concepts for the analysis of the problems, choices and effects of economic policies. The second module will be offered in the second semester and will address international economic policies and the problems of governance of globalisation.
First module (first semester)
- Theories, models and policy tools
- Values, objectives and tools of economic policy
- Problems and istitutions of economic policy at the national, European and international level
- Fiscal, monetary, incomes and balance of payment policies
Second module (second semester)
- Economic policy in Italy and Europe.
- International economic policies and the governance of globalisation.
- The trade and monetary systems
- Policies for development, technologies and sustainability
- Democracy and international economic policies.
Modalità Didattiche, Obblighi, Testi di Studio e Modalità di Accertamento
- Modalità didattiche
Lectures are in Italian. If foreign students attend the course, arrangements can be made with the course instructor for meetings to assist English speaking students in the preparation of the exam.
- Testi di studio
Nicola Acocella, Economic policy in the age of globalisation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2005, ch. 1-5 e 10-14
Nicola Acocella, Economic policy in the age of globalisation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2005, ch. 15, 16 e 18,
Joseph Stiglitz, Making globalization work, Norton, New York, 2006
Additional readings in English may be agreed upon with the course instructor
- Modalità di
Exams can be given, and credits can be obtained, separately for module 1 and module 2. Oral examination either in Italian or in English.
|« torna indietro||Ultimo aggiornamento: 03/07/2007|