MARKETING AND CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
MARKETING E COMUNICAZIONE D'IMPRESA
Marketing and corporate communication
Marketing e comunicazione d'impresa
|Lecturer||Office hours for students|
Assigned to the Degree Course
|Date||Time||Classroom / Location|
The course aims to convey to the student the basic content of marketing regarding:
a) the subject, the principles and the evolution of marketing;
b) the role and the organization of the marketing function in enterprises;
c) processes and methodologies for the formulation of the marketing strategy;
d) the operational techniques for market analysis and the definition of marketing policies.
1. Theory, role and philosophy of marketing management
1.1 The object of marketing and the evolution of the discipline
1.2 Roles and organization of the marketing function
1.3 Logics of startegic action and value creation
2. The marketing as an information system
2.1 Analysis of consumer behavior
2.2 The Marketing Information System
2.3 The Marketing Research
3. The formulation of the marketing strategies
3.1 The Marketing Plan
3.2 The market segmentation
3.3 The positioning of products and brands
4. The operational marketing
4.1 The Product policies
4.2 The Price policies
4.3 The Communication policies
4.4 The Distribution policies
5. A Marketing Workshop organized in collaboration with a manufacturing company in the province of Pesaro and Urbino.
Learning Achievements (Dublin Descriptors)
Knowledge and understanding: students must acquire a general understanding of the concepts and basic methods of marketing. He/she must be able to understand the role of the marketing function in the communication process and business and the contextual factors that determine its importance.
- Applied knowledge and understanding: the student must be able to apply concepts, methods and techniques to specific marketing problems.
- Making judgments: students must be able to understand the most appropriate approach to be adopted in different application contexts and to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the strategies that can be adopted.
- Communication skills: the student must be able to present the solutions of a marketing problem clearly and effectively, with appropriate language, following rigorous patterns.
- Learning skills: the student must be able to read and understand basic texts and specialized articles on topics of marketing.
The teaching material prepared by the lecturer in addition to recommended textbooks (such as for instance slides, lecture notes, exercises, bibliography) and communications from the lecturer specific to the course can be found inside the Moodle platform › blended.uniurb.it
Didactics, Attendance, Course Books and Assessment
Lectures and marketing workshop.
Participation in at least 3/4 of lessons.
- Course books
• Ferrero G. (eds), 2013, Marketing and value creation, Giappichelli, Turin. Excluding Chapters 4, 6. In addition, should be excluded in chapter 1 section 10 and section 7 paragraph 4.
Oral exam and a short essay to be drawn up in group at the end of the marketing workshop.
Additional Information for Non-Attending Students
- Course books
Ferrero G. (eds), 2013, Marketing and value creation, Giappichelli, Turin. Excluding Chapters 4, 6. In addition, should be excluded in chapter 1 section 10 and section 7 paragraph 4.
|« back||Last update: 15/06/2016|