The Masters degree in Pharmacy offers to prepare professionals who are experts in pharmaceutical and healthcare products, who can work as a pharmacist in Europe and operate in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, dietetic/nutritional, herbal medicine, diagnostic and chemical-clinical sectors, in healthcare articles and medical devices. The aim of the course is also to produce a graduate that can work as a healthcare education professional and collaborate with doctors, patients and healthcare structures, providing useful indications, particularly the correct use of medicines.
In particular, the masters degree course in Pharmacy intends to provide the graduates with:
• thorough preparation in basic science subjects (physics, chemistry, biology, medicine) with the aim of acquiring familiarity with the scientific approach to solving problems connected with the profession;
• thorough knowledge of the composition of technological characteristics, therapy efficacy, contraindications, methods of use, regulations and any other indication approved by the Ministry of Health regarding medicines;
• suitable knowledge of cosmetic and dietary products;
• technological knowledge and legislation required for preparing and controlling medicinal products;
• knowledge of English, in addition to Italian, also regarding subject terminology;
• knowledge and learning capacity required to continue training in pharmaceutical specialisation schools, in PhDs and level 2 Masters degrees.