Once the International office has received your nomination, all the necessary information regarding the online application procedures will be sent to your e-mail.
1st semester: 30 June
2nd semester: 31 October
A Letter of acceptance will be sent to all Erasmus and Exchange students after the deadline date.
Before leaving your country, please make sure you have:
- a passport or ID card and study visa if you come from a country outside E.U. (Visa/permit of stay)
- 2 passport photographs for student registration
- the European Health card or a private health insurance policy if you come from a country outside the E.U. (Health insurance)
- car insurance and driving licence if you are bringing a car
You should also check that:
- you have filled in the online application form, including the accommodation and Italian language course forms;
- you have received a letter of acceptance from Urbino University;
- you have enough money. You will need some cash in EURO when you arrive, for immediate expenses;
- you have arranged accommodation for your period of stay in Urbino and paid the necessary deposit to confirm your reservation at the University Residence if you have applied for this;
- you have informed the International Office in Urbino about your date of arrival;
- you have enrolled for the Intensive language course or annual course if you wish to attend an Italian course;
- you have registered in the University of Urbino system and received an ID and a Password for Wi-Fi;
- you have received your Buddy contact information.
Registration at the International Mobility Office
The office is located in Via Aurelio Saffi, n. 2 – ground floor, first door on the right.
The enrolment procedures must be completed during the Welcome Day for Erasmus and Exchange students, which normally takes place before mid-September. We highly recommend that you arrive for the Welcome Day since the activities and opportunities for Erasmus students in Urbino must be dated and signed by the University of Urbino.
Any students arriving after the Welcome Day must complete the registration procedure on the day of their arrival in Urbino at the International Relations Office.
Please inform the office about the exact date of your arrival.
Documents to bring for registration:
- ID card or passport
- 2 passport size photos
- arrival certificate of your university.
Office hours: Monday to Friday - 9.30 am - 12.00 pm, Tuesday afternoon 3.00 pm -4.30 pm
Registration at the ERSU Office
Registration at the ERSU Office must preferably be done on the Welcome Day.
The ERSU Office will provide you with your student card which gives you access to the services; The card must be charged through machines located in dormitories, E.R.S.U. office and university canteens.
The office is located in Via Veneto, n. 45.
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, Tuesday and Thursday afternoon 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
Courses and Individual Exam Plan
Before leaving your University you should plan your study programme together with your academic coordinator at your home institution.
The list of courses you can follow at the University of Urbino will be updated at the end of August. In the meanwhile, check the list for 2017/2018 here [www.uniurb.it/syllabi]
We have 3 study areas. Students can only take courses from one study area: humanities, scientific, GEPS (Law, Economics, Political Science and Sociology).
- Don’t forget to check the courses you choose to follow with the Departmental Erasmus Coordinator you have here in Urbino too. See the list of our Departmental Erasmus Coordinators at the bottom of this page.
Bring your Individual Exam Plan to the Students Services Office (“Segreteria Studenti”)
– Fill in the Individual Exam Plan (you can find it at the bottom of this page), with the help of the University Website: look for courses by clicking here [uniurb.it > studia con noi > insegnamenti e programmi].
For any info you may need about courses you can contact the academic Tutors
– Bring your Plan to Students Services Office (Via Saffi, 2 – 2nd floor), enclosing a copy of your Learning Agreement signed by your Erasmus Coordinator.
Remember: you must submit this form before 27 October for courses of first semester and year courses; before 23 March for second semester courses.
Important: if you choose a modulo (part of an exam), it will not be specified on the official Transcript. A certificate can be requested from the Professor.
The blue exam booklet registers all the examinations that you take and the relative marks and it must be collected from “Segreteria Studenti” of your study area in January – for students coming for the first semester – and in May – for students coming for the second semester. Students must register online for exams two weeks before the exam. The registration procedure usually closes 48 hours before the scheduled exam date. You must bring your Exam Booklet with you to every exam. Students should consult the Department website for all necessary information. Please note that exams can only be taken in the period indicated in the Academic Calendar of your school (refer to the website of the school).
- Log-in your ESSE3 account and click on “appelli” on the left menu and reserve your place.
- Go to the exam and bring your blue booklet with you.
Erasmus Extension Mobility
- If you want to extend your mobility period go to the International Relations Office, bringing with you your Erasmus Extension Mobility Form filled in and signed by your home university (you can find it at the bottom of this page).
For Erasmus and Exchange students, the course is free of charge.
All exchange students require a B1 level of Italian. An intensive Italian language course is scheduled for September, before the beginning of the regular courses.
Attending this course is important and essential not only for providing you with a better knowledge of the Italian language but also for acquainting you with the Italian University system.
A positioning test is normally held on the same day as the Welcome Day to determine the linguistic level of each student. This is why we highly recommend that you arrive in time for that day.
All students enrolled in the Italian Language course must take the test.
Any students who do not take the positioning test and cannot consequently access the Intensive course can attend an Annual Course.
The annual Course normally starts around 10 October and ends in February for students arriving for the first semester, in May for students coming for the second semester and for the whole year.
A positioning test is held in the first week of October at CLA (Centro Linguistico di Ateno - Via Budassi, 28).
Students arriving in the second semester will access the course which starts in October, following a positioning test.
Students must attend 80% of classes in order to be admitted to the final exam and obtain credits.
ECTS System for the Italian Language and Culture Courses:
6 ECTS for the Intensive Course
6 ECTS for the Year Course
3 ECTS for the Semestral Course
Request a Tax Code and Permit of Stay if you are a non-EU citizen
The Tax Code gives you access to Italian services for citizens.
If you are a NON-UE student, you must apply for a Permit of Stay.
Have your Certificate of Attendance signed by the International Relations Office
The Certificate of Attendance is the proof of your presence at the University of Urbino and must be signed no more than 3 days before you leave Urbino.
In order to receive the Transcript of Records at the end of your Erasmus period, the following documents are required by the “Segreteria Studenti”:
- Transcript Request Form (find it at the bottom of this page)
- Exams Booklet
- Nulla Osta from E.R.S.U.
- Nulla Osta from Central Library (Via Saffi, n. 2, ground floor)
Transcripts will be sent out within 4 or 5 weeks from your departure to the address you indicated.
If you request any documents after your departure, these will be delivered to you depending on the relevant office timeframe.
Intensive course positioning test
11/09 in the afternoon
Intensive course starting date
Annual course positioning test
Annual course starting date
Second semester positioning test
19/2 at CLA (Centro Linguistico d'Ateneo) via Budassi, 28, at 5pm, room 1
Second semester starting date
Submission of the Individual Plan for courses of the first semester
Submission of the Individual Plan for courses of the Second semester
|Departamental Erasmus Coordinators