Università degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo / Portale Web di Ateneo

Pursuant to Italian Law no. 148 of 11 July 2002, which approves and implements the Lisbon Convention of 11 April 1997, universities are responsible for recognising courses and study periods spent abroad and foreign qualifications, for the purposes of access to higher education, continuing university studies and the award of Italian university qualifications. Universities exercise such competencies autonomously and in compliance with the respective degree programme systems, without prejudice to any bilateral agreements in force.

Applications for the recognition of foreign academic qualifications, for purposes other than those listed above (for example, for participation in public competitions or access to regulated professions), must instead be made to other state administrations. For more information on the recognition procedure please consult the Cimea website, the national centre for information on the recognition of foreign academic qualifications.

The Recognition of academic achievements procedure followed by the University of Urbino is: application for shortening the degree programme - as described at article 20 of the University Didactic Regulations - see attachment. The application is assessed by the competent Degree Programme Board. The Degree Programme Board decides on the possibility of enrolling in a programme year other than the first year according to the number of credits recognised.

Non-EU citizens living abroad

Applications for recognition of foreign academic qualifications must be submitted, together with the associated documentation, to the Italian Diplomatic/consular mission competent for the territory where the academic qualification was awarded, within the timescales established in the Ministerial orders (see: www.miur.it > università > studenti > studenti stranieri). For the 2018/2019 academic year, the deadline is: from 19 February to 24 July 2018. For details on the procedure see also the section 'Enroment of non-EU citizens living abroad'

EU and non-EU citizens living in Italy

Applications, together with the accompanying documentation, must be submitted within the timescales specified in the Study Prospectus, to the relevant Registrar's Office (Segreteria Studenti di Area) in via Saffi nr. 2.

Documentation required when applying for recognition of qualifications

The application form (online form) must be accompanied by the following documents:

  •  Secondary School Leaving Qualification in the original (or certified copy) for secondary studies obtained with at least 12 years of schooling, or a substitute certificate with full legal effect accompanied by official translation and legalization of signatures. Countries who are signatories to the European Convention of Brussels of 25 May 1987, as well as Germany, are exempt from the legalization of signatures. For countries that signed the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961, documents must carry the “Apostille” stamp, affixed by the local Authorities who are charged to do this;
  • academic qualification (in the original) supplied with official translation and legalization of signatures.
  • Declaration of Equivalence of Qualification (Dichiarazione di valore in loco) by the competent Italian diplomatic authority for the area or a certification from foreign official bodies or a certificate issued by ENIC-NARIC centres;
  • Certificate issued by the competent academic authority relating to the qualification referred to under Point 2 – duly authenticated by the diplomatic authority – certifying to the examinations passed and the teaching hours laid down for each discipline or Diploma Supplement;
  • Detailed syllabuses of examinations taken and passed;
  • two passport-sized photographs;
  • photocopy of passport or other valid identity document;
  • photocopy of stay permit, for non-EU citizens legally residing in Italy.


All the original documentation (academic certificates, certificates and syllabi for the examinations sat) must be authenticated by the Italian Diplomatic or Consular mission competent for the territory concerned. All academic certificates issued by foreign authorities must also be accompanied by a declaration of equivalence courtesy of the Italian diplomatic/consular mission competent for the territory.

The Declaration of equivalence is an official document describing the qualification awarded and the level to which it pertains, from an institution which belongs to a non-Italian educational system.

In cases where the academic qualification has been issued by an institution with legislation different from that of the country in which the candidate is resident or in which the candidate studies or has studied, the qualification must nevertheless be supplied with legalization, with “declaration of equivalence of qualification” and with a translation, if necessary, by the Italian Diplomatic Authority in the country to whose legislation the issuing institution is subject.

Documento File
University Didactic Regulations - Italian version


Questo contenuto ha risposto alla tua domanda?

Il tuo feedback è importante

Raccontaci la tua esperienza e aiutaci a migliorare questa pagina.

Se sei vittima di violenza o stalking chiama il 1522

Il 1522 è un servizio pubblico promosso dalla Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri – Dipartimento per le Pari Opportunità. Il numero, gratuito è attivo 24 h su 24, accoglie con operatrici specializzate le richieste di aiuto e sostegno delle vittime di violenza e stalking.

Posta elettronica certificata



Performance della pagina

Università degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo
Via Aurelio Saffi, 2 – 61029 Urbino PU – IT
Partita IVA 00448830414 – Codice Fiscale 82002850418
2021 © Tutti i diritti sono riservati