|Dipartimento di Economia, Società, Politica (DESP)||Urbino Via Saffi, 42||0722 firstname.lastname@example.org|
TITLE AND AFFILIATION From 2001 to date: Full professor of “Economics and Business Management” at the University of Urbino “Carlo Bo”, Department of Economics, Society and Political studies , scientific disciplinary sector Economics and business management SECS-P/08
EDUCATION : Degree in Economics and Business
Since 1999-2000 to 2010 President of Course in Marketing and Communication of the firms at the University of Urbino Carlo Bo;
Since January 2000 to december 2008: Director of the research Centre of studies on businesses and local areas, University of Urbino “Carlo Bo”. Since june 2009 is Director of department of business and law studies fo Urbino University.
From the a.y. 1995/96 until 2010 he was coordinator of the "stages" commission of the Faculty of Economics of the University of Urbino Carlo Bo. The assignment was also carried out in the 2013-2014 academic year
From the a.y. 1996/97 to the academic year 2000-2001 he was a member of the management committee of the "Campus" project for the DU of marketing and corporate communication;
From the a.y. 1999-2000 he was coordinator of the Diploma (now a degree course) of Marketing and Corporate Communication and the related Campus project (since 2001 CampusOne Project) of the Faculty of Economics of the University of Urbino Carlo Bo.
From January 2002 to April 2018 he was delegated for the University of Urbino to take care of internships, relationships with companies and job placement
He was a member of the teaching staff of the PhD in Economics and Management, where he carried out teaching and tutoring activities; currently he is tutor in the doctorate in Global studies.
From May 2009 to December 2010 he was Director of the Department of Business and Legal Studies of the Faculty of Economics at the University of Urbino Callo Bo, a department now merged into the Department of Economics, Society and Politics (DESP).
He was a member of the Board of Directors of the University of Urbino for the four-year period 1992/1996 representing researchers and in the period from April 2004 to May 2009 and from december 2012 to ocrober 2015 he was a member of the Board of Directors of the University of Urbino "Carlo Bo" representing full professors.
TEACHING EXPERIENCES : Over the years he has taught the following courses: Industrial and Commercial Techniques at the University of Urbino (1982/83 and 1983); Corporate Finance at the University of Urbino (since 1984/1985 to 1998/1999); Foreign Exchange and Foreign Exchange Techniques at the University of Salerno (1994-95); Economics and Management of Service Enterprises at the University of Urbino Carlo Bo from 1995 to 2009; Economics and Management of Tourism Enterprises at the University of Urbino from 1999/2000 up to 2005-2006; Business Administration at the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures (2001-2002 and 2002-2003); International Corporate Finance at the Urbino University ( 2001-2002 and 2002-2003); Economics and Management of Commercial Enterprises (2009-2010) ; Economics and management of businesses and territorial tourism systems from 2003 to 2011; Intercultural Business Communication at the Faculty of Foreign Language and Literature of the University of Urbino ( 2010-2011)
Currently he teaches Business Strategies (position from 2003-2004) and Business Economics and Management (School of Economics) at the University of Urbino
The economy and management of small businesses; International marketing and services; The economy and management of service companies and tourism businesses; Marketing and management of tourist destinations; Business strategies
INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCES AS VISITING PROFESSOR AND SCHOLAR: In the period 1994/95 (5 months) he participated in a research program promoted by the European Community entitled Human Capital and Mobility, carrying out study activities on the subject of "Cooperation agreements for technological innovation in Europe: some case studies" at the “Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée (BETA)” research and economic studies center of the “L. Pasteur ”of Strasbourg.
In 2006 he participated as a teacher of marketing and tourism management in the European Union project Tempus MEDA CD-JEP-31155-2003 "Master Professional Gestion du Patrimoine Culturel e Naturel" coordinated by the Rovira i Virgili University of Tarragona and carried out at the 'A.Essadi University of Tetuan, Morocco.
He was key note speaker at the University of York (UK) in the "Tourism Futures Conference 2010 - Marketing the New Cultural City" conference, held in York on 17/11/2010
Key note speaker at Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, (South Tyrol, Italy) in the conference << Consumer Behavior in Tourism Symposium in December 4th - 7th, 2013 (Bruneck-Brunico campus.) >>.
Participated in Erasmus mobility programs at the University of Majorca (2012) and Valladolid (2018)
AWARDS AND HONORS: Best referee award 2012 for Sinergie Journal
COORDINATION OF PROJECTS and RESEARCH PROJECTS:
In 1996 he participated in the “DevelopNet Marche” research in collaboration with Confindustria Marche on the development of small and medium-sized enterprises.
In 1997 he participated in the "Adapt DevelopNet Marche SME's Development Networking" project on behalf of Confindustria Marche where he carried out training activities alongside small entrepreneurs and managers of minor Marche companies, an activity carried out within the company in order to draw up a business plan to drive growth.
In 1998 he participated in the "Adapt Service Net" project on behalf of Confindustria Marche carrying out training activities alongside small entrepreneurs and managers of minor companies in the Marche region, an activity carried out within the company in order to favor the strategic orientation of governing bodies.
In 1998 he participated in the research project funded by the C.N.R. and coordinated by Prof. Caterina Ricciuti on the following theme: “The dispersed production networks: the case of the Marche”.
In the period 1999-2000 he coordinated and edited the research "Study on the economic and financial performance of the Marche radio and television sector" carried out by the Business and Territory Studies Center (Ce.sit) of the Faculty of Economics of the University of Urbino on behalf of the Radio and Television Committee of the Marche Region (CO.RE.RAT).
Scientific Coordinator of Research Unit of Urbino University within the National Research Project (2004), directed by Professor Sergio Sciarelli, named <>;
Scientific Coordinator of the research project CIPE 17/2003 named <>.
Scientifc Coordinator of Project Padma Lab (Panadriatic Destination Management Learning Laboratories) for Urbino University (2006-2008)
Since 1984 to date he has participated to various research projects both at national and international level. In particular in 1998 he has participated to the following research projects: a)”Productive Networks” financed by the Italian C.N.R. and b) “Adapt Service Net” financed by the E.U.. In 1997 he has participated to the project “Adapt Development Marche. SME’s Development Networking” financed by the E.U..
Responsible in 2008 of the research project commissioned by the Pesaro and Urbino Chamber of Commerce called ISIDE, acronym of << Businesses, strategies and innovation for a district of excellence >>.
Coordinator, with G. Ferrero, of the research project on behalf of the Province of Pesaro and Urbino on Pleasure boating: production networks, human resources and strategic challenges. The Pesaro and Urbino sector, 2009.
Responsible for the research commissioned in 2010 by the Pesaro and Urbino Chamber of Commerce on << CONJUNCTURAL SURVEY ON THE ECONOMIC CRISIS IN THE PROVINCE OF PESARO AND URBINO >>.
Collaboration with the department of basic science and fundamentals: mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, epistemology and history of science of the University of Urbino "Carlo Bo", Urbino, within of the ENA (Eco-design for Nautical) project.
OTHER COORDINATION ROLES : President of the Scientific Committee Higher Technical Institute ( ITS) Tourism Marche from 01-07-2016 to today
PARTICIPATION IN EDITORIAL BOARDS OF JOURNALS AND REVIEWER
Editor in chief of The Journal Piccola Impresa/Small Business
Member of editorial boards of the Journals: The TQM Journal, Esperienze d’impresa, Prisma, Sinergie (Italian journal of management), Journal of marketing Trends, Mercati & Competitività (Italian Journal of Marketing).
Member of Scientific Committee of the journal IL CAPITALE CULTURALE. Studies on the Value of Cultural Heritage;
Member Scientific Committee Business Management series, Franco Angeli, Milan, from 01-01-2012 to today
Member Scientific Committee Corporate Communication series, Franco Angeli, Milan, from 01.01.2014 to today
Member Scientific Committee Marketing and management del turismo series, Aracne editore, Rome from 2019 to today
Component of the Scientific Committee "Wellness Province" project from June 2016 to 2018
Member of Scientific Board of the Journal << “Economia Agroalimentare” >> during period 2011-2016
Vice president of SIMA (the Italian Society of Management) since 2019 to today
Since 2016 to today he he is vice-President of ERDIS (Regional organization for the rights to study of Marche Region).
Component of the Scientific Committee "Wellness Province" project from June 2016 to 2018
Member of the board of director of CUEIM Fondation from 2018 to today
Member of the tourist observatory of the Marche region from 01-01-2009 to 01-01-2014
Member of Scientific Committee of the Marche Region Observatory for Culture from 2015 to 2020
He has been member of board of directors of the University of Urbino Carlo Bo as research fellow and full professor .
- PencarelliT.; Savelli E.; Tombari S. (2021) Comportamenti di consumo e strategie di marketing delle imprese cosmetiche italiane. Un’indagine esplorativa. DOI:10.1431/99829. pp.1-35. In MICRO & MACRO MARKETING - ISSN:1121-4228 vol. 1
- Ali Taha, V., Pencarelli, T., Škerháková, V., Fedorko, R., & Košíková, M. (2021). The Use of Social Media and Its Impact on Shopping Behavior of Slovak and Italian Consumers during COVID-19 Pandemic. Sustainability, 13(4), 1710.
- Pencarelli T.; Bravi L.; Dini M.; Splendiani S.( 2020). Enhancing customer experience through technological innovation in traditional travel agencies: evidences from Italy. DOI:10.1080/13683500.2020.1734548. pp.1-7. In CURRENT ISSUES IN TOURISM - ISSN:1368-3500
- Savelli, E.; Bravi, L.; Ferrero, G.; Gabbianelli, L.; Pencarelli, T. (2021), Food Attitudes and factors Affecting Food Behaviour of Italian College Students in a Grocery Context. DOI:10.1080/14783363.2018.1554998. pp.317-343. In TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS EXCELLENCE - ISSN:1478-3363 vol. 32 (3-4)
- Pencarelli T. (2020), Cultura e turismo: sfide per una nuova dialettica virtuosa nella prospettiva del wellness tourism, in Il Capitale Culturale. Studies on the Value of Cultural Heritage, supplemento
- Pencarelli, T., Gabbianelli, L., & Savelli, E. (2020). The tourist experience in the digital era: The case of Italian millennials. Sinergie Italian Journal of Management, 38(3), 165-190.
- Dini M., Pencarelli T., (2020), Le destinazioni di benessere per lo sviluppo turistico, Franco Angeli, Milano
- Tunisini A., Ferrucci L., Pencarelli T. (2020), Economia e management delle imprese, seconda edizione, Hoepli, Milano
- Savelli E., Bravi L., Murmura F., Francioni B., Pencarelli T., (2020) PDO labels and food preferences: results from a sensory analysis, British Food journal, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108%2FBFJ-05-2020-0435
- Pencarelli T., Cioppi M., Splendiani S., Dini (2020). Web Communication for Tourist Destination. Analysis of Tourism Websites of the 28 Member States of the European Community. In: Pencarelli T. Cioppi M. Splendiani S. Dini M.. (a cura di): Foroudi P. Mauri C. Dennis C. Melewar T, Place Branding. Connecting tourist experiences to places. p. 244-267, London e New York:Routledge Taylor & Francis group, ISBN: 978-1-4724-5592-5
- Pencarelli T.; Cesaroni F.M.; DemartiniI P. 2020. COVID-19 and Italian small and medium-sized enterprises: consequences, threats and opportunities. DOI:10.14596/pisb.413. pp.10-18. In PICCOLA IMPRESA - ISSN:0394-7947 vol. 2020 (3)
- Tonino Pencarelli (2019). La rivoluzione digitale nel settore dei viaggi e delle vacanze: verso il turismo 4.0. In: (a cura di): Sergio Barile e Cristina Simone, Industria 4.0. Tra suggestioni emergenti e soluzioni effettive. MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZZAZIONE,TECNOLOGIA, p. 239-275, ROMA:Nuova Cultura, ISBN: 9788833652542, ISSN: 2611-3260, doi: 10.4458/2542
- Fabio Forlani, Tonino Pencarelli, Using the experiential approach in marketing and management: A systematic literature review, in Mercati & Competitività. Italian Journal of Marketing, n.3, Franco Angeli, Milano, doi 10.3280/mc3-2019oa8500
- Linda Gabbianelli, Tonino Pencarelli (2019). The role of the electronic word-of-mouth in the hotel industry. In: Exploring the power of the electronic word-of-mouth in the services industry. p. 217-239, ISBN: 9781522585756
- Tonino Pencarelli, (2019), Il turismo in Italia: il ruolo delle reti d'impresa per il rilancio del settore. In Scritti seri e semiseri in onore di Claudio Baccarani - ISBN:978-88-921-1865-2 a cura di Bonfanti A., Brunetti F., Cassia F., Castellani P., Cobelli N., Giaretta E., Rossato C., Simeoni F., Testa F ,Ugolini, M., Vigolo V.